felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Ronald Spierenburg" <ronald.spierenb...@luminis.nl>
Subject error running felix on java 1.3
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 13:22:23 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to run Felix on sun java 1.3.1_18, but I unfortunately did not succeed in doing
just that.
All of the following is done with a fresh SVN checkout.

ronald@ronald:~/felix/trunk/org.apache.felix.main$ java -version
java version "1.3.1_18"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_18-b01)

ronald@ronald:~/felix/trunk/org.apache.felix.main$ java -jar bin/felix.jar

Welcome to Felix.
=================

Enter profile name: test

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getFrameworkVersion(Felix.java:3399)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.initializeFrameworkProperties(Felix.java:3371)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.start(Felix.java:330)
        at org.apache.felix.main.Main.main(Main.java:191)

And indeed, the stringbuffer.indexOf used on line 3399 does not exist in java 1.3.
I didn't check any further for java 1.3 incompatibility errors. Is Felix supposed to be able
to run on java 1.3 ?

All the best,

Ronald Spierenburg