felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: "simple" bundle
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:26:34 GMT
Interesting that this example has a nested JAR file.  It seems like best
practice is to have bundles just be normal JARs (i.e., no nesting) that
happen to have OSGi markup in their manifest.  Perhaps the simple example
is a bit too fancy? ;-)

"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org>
04/12/2006 02:24 AM
Please respond to

Re: "simple" bundle

Timothy Bennett wrote:
> Richard, I've got all your "suite" of bundles converted to Maven-2 and
> (I think) using the maven osgi plugin... somewhere on my file
> system... might be a good starting point, perhaps?

Maybe for the simple bundle, since that one is actually trickier than
most...ironic since it is the "simple" bundle. ;-)

The issue for the simple bundle is that I would like to keep it
self-contained in one subproject directory in the svn repo because it
really is just a simple example. However, it has an embedded JAR file
that I assume maven will want in a separate subproject, but I would
really hate to see this happen since it will only continue the pollution
of the repo. Also, I don't really know how to properly handle the native
library stuff in maven.

So, if you (or anyone) could help convert the simple bundle to maven and
show me how to deal with these issues, it would be great. I will convert
the package names and commit this version with an Ant build script, then
I will need help.

-> richard