felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about mvn clean install and Local M2 Repository
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:31:01 GMT
On 4/5/06, Francesco Furfari <francesco.furfari@isti.cnr.it> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I've understood the reason of my fault with the UPnP Tester module.
> The first time I built the UPnP Extra Bundle I used the 1.0-SNAPSHOT
> version. I changed it to  0.1.0-SNAPSHOT before to do the commit, and
> also if I executed a "mvn clean install" to be sure that all was ok, the
>    building of the UPnP Tester passed because in my m2\repository there
> was  always the old version.
>
> So in this case should we always clean also our local repository?
> how, manually?

IMO, yes.  If you install an erroneous version or artifactId then you
should clean it out or else, as you noted, you'll build fine but
others won't.  And, yes, manually clean, as I know of no other way.  I
do it as fine-grained as possible, maybe groupId-level, to avoid a
major M2 update, but I know some people wipe their entire repo pretty
regularly.

Enrique