felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: STATUS vis-a-vis Incubation?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:42:36 GMT
Ok, I am fine for trying to target graduation for the reasons Alex has
outlined.

My main hesitation was that Felix is in a pretty stable state right now,
so I thought it would be worthwhile to get a snapshot released to help
grow the community for those who find SVN to be a barrier for
experimentation. As part of this, I was basically in feature-freeze mode
for the framework, since I didn't want to start hacking some new
features that would make it unstable before trying to do a public release.

So, we can just forget about a release now altogether and just keep
progressing on new features. Another possibility, I guess, is to make a
svn branch of the current stable state of the framework that could be
the basis of a 0.8.0 release after graduation.

Of course, it seems that much of this depends on the time frame and
actual possibility of graduation too. We have to defer to our mentors to
know whether or not we are in a state where we should actually push for
graduation. Also, we need guidance to know what we need to do to prepare
for it as well.

-> richard