felix-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: svn-commit messages
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:50:24 GMT
Karl Pauls wrote:
> I'd like to mention something strange that I'm experiencing:
>
> for some reason, no svn-commit messages are generated for my commits.
>
> This was true for all but one of my commits. I did send a commit
> message to felix-dev myself as I updated some of the pom.xml files in
> trunk. Furthermore, for the record, I added my id to the developers in
> site/pom.xml and worked on the stuff in my sandbox during the last
> week. Again, I didn't see a svn-commit message for anything but my
> last commit yesterday and (somewhat suspiciously) this message isn't
> listed in the archive [1] as of now.
>
> Assuming that I'm not supposed to do something special in order to
> enable automatic commit messages all I can say is that I've used the
> eclipse svn plugin to do the commits. I didn't see any error/warning
> messages and the commits are in HEAD. I've followed the instructions
> in [2] and used [3] as root.
>
> Ideas, anyone?

Basically, you need to subscribe to the
felix-commits@incubator.apache.org mailing list using your apache address.

Typically, your first commit message is picked up by a moderator and
added to the 'allow' list for the mailing list. That way, commit
messages will get through.

I've just asked to be added as a moderator to felix-commits. If you
haven't fixed this yet, I'll sort you when someone does that for me.

Regards, Upayavira