felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject dependency-maven-plugin
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 03:27:19 GMT
Hi, Felix list,

I want to point your attention to a Maven plugin that you might find
useful, the "dependency-maven-plugin":

http://mojo.codehaus.org/dependency-maven-plugin/howto.html

... and if there's a better way to do this I'd love the feedback.  This,
combined with some antrun code and the Felix Main, is what I pictured
for the Felix Product Plugin, namely the ability to pull a bunch of
bundles from M2 repos and combined them on startup with a Felix runtime,
while maintaining the Felix directory structure (lib, bundle, bin, conf).

Currently, Apache Felix Main (org.apache.felix.main) uses the antrun
plugin to mkdirs and copy into those dirs the necessary bundles for
startup.  This works fine using relative paths since all the bundles for
the framework are in the Felix project.  As more bundles appear in the
various M2 repos, various projects will be able to pull them using this
plugin.  We could use it, too, when we break Felix up into additional
project levels.  Or even now if the path way is brittle.

I just started using this for Apache Directory.  One nice thing is that
I was able to reuse org.apache.felix.main.Main without any changes, just
a customized config.properties and my own Main POM.

Note that the assembly plugin is another option for uberjars or other
distribution formats:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

Enrique