felix-dev mailing list archives

From Humberto Cervantes <...@xanum.uam.mx>
Subject Declarative Services
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:39:18 GMT
Hello everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that I committed an initial, but
incomplete version of the Service Component runtime for Felix. This
runtime is derived from the Service Binder's code. At this point, the
runtime parses the Declarative Service's descriptor and is capable of
creating immediate and delayed components (factories are not yet
supported though).

Since we have not decided on a hook for Felix to get bundle contexts, to
use it you must specify a generic activator for your bundle activator,
but it is no longer necessary to create a subclass as it was done with
the ServiceBinder. You simply need to put the following Bundle-Activator
entry in the manifest:

    Bundle-Activator: org.apache.felix.scr.GenericActivator

This will change in the future once we get the framework hook figured out.

You can find under the root directory a file named 'todolist.txt' which
lists the main aspects which haven't been implemented yet.

Please be aware that this is a very preliminary version that still needs
a lot of improvement and testing. Any contributions from others are
certainly welcome.

Humberto Cervantes <hcm@xanum.uam.mx>
Web: http://www.humbertocervantes.net

Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana-Iztapalapa,
San Rafael Atlixco Nº 186, Col. Vicentina, C.P. 09340
Delegación Iztapalapa. Distrito Federal, Mexico

Tel: (52) 55 5804 4634 ext 212

View raw message