felix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: STATUS vis-a-vis Incubation?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:46:41 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> Rob Walker wrote:
>>>> We would like to move our company's product codebase from using Oscar
>>>> to Felix. I wouldn't say having an "incubator" status is exactly a
>>>> barrier to this, but it would add more weight to our process if it 
>>>> had (or was soon to) come out of incubator status.
>>> The first step in my opinion would be to have a roadmap towards an
>>> initial release (all the way up to what we can call "1.0").
>>> With this in place (and 0.8 out the door) I feel we should try to go
>>> out of incubation.
>> +1
> That is fair enough, if that is what people want. But incubation has
> nothing to do with releases. Incubation wants to see that (a) IP issues
> are all correct and (b) the community and PPMC are functioning well.
> Actually, to the best of my knowledge, we are pretty much there on both.

We could argue that how do we know we are functioning well until we get 
a release out the door. :-)

> However, if we would prefer to wait until a release is done, that is
> fair enough.

We are so very close to a public release...notice that most of the 
blocker issues that I assigned to the release are mostly installer 
improvements and ancillary stuff like that. It is not a major delay to 
get this first release out, I don't think...and we might be forced to 
trim this list anyway, since Alex (a.k.a. installer guru) is super busy 
right now.

-> richard

View raw message