felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: STATUS vis-a-vis Incubation?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:45:04 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> What are the remaining issues that need to be resolved before Felix is ready
> to leave the Incubator?

Honestly I cannot see any red light stopping graduation.  The community
is gelling well.  New users are appearing every week.  All IP issues has
been vetted.  The Eclipse Foundation has released the framework APIs as
ASL.  There are multiple people working on the core framework and the
various services that have been contributed.  The PPMC is showing signs
of being autonomous by making it's own decisions on policy.
Furthermore I'm seeing discussions all over about NOT using Felix just
because it's under incubation: people are falling back to Oscar which is
now I guess ~year behind Felix.  I think the time is right for starting
the graduation process which in it self may take a bit of time.

Perhaps the community may want to get a few more services contributed
before attempting graduation?

I would feel comfortable with an incubator exist especially with the
number of members that would be there to help provide guidance for the
newly formed TLP.  There are many other TLPs interested in using Felix
and we're all anxiously awaiting it's graduation although without
forcing the matter.

Does anyone else have more thoughts/opinions on this topic?

View raw message