felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Fixed bug in class loading
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:20:28 GMT
Nick_Hofstede@inventivedesigners.com wrote:
> I know the equinox (eclipse.osgi) implementation has a few more packages
> they delegate (which are different depending on the jvm version).
> It looks like a sane list to me. It might be interesting to have look at
> it.
>
> Look for the *.profile files in the following directory:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.osgi/

These profiles essentially delegate everything, so I would not consider
that sane. :-)

I am sure there is room for a big debate here, but delegating nearly
everything on the class path by default just does not seem like the best
approach to me. I would rather be conservative and let other people
loosen it for their own purposes, then to just ship with it nearly wide
open.

-> richard