felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: STATUS vis-a-vis Incubation?
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 07:25:44 GMT
On Sunday 23 April 2006 01:43, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
> > It just means that whatever you release has more standing. It is an
> > official Apache release. More people thus are likely to try it, so
> > you'll get better feedback. I guess that's the point in it.
> Yeah, I guess I understood that a little.
> What I was wondering, is how this changes our focus? Right now we am
> focusing on creating a release. If we decide to think about preparing
> for graduation, do we stop focusing on that and start focusing on
> something else? If so, what is that something else?

The Incubator PMC has to start a vote on the subject, and if that passes, and
Felix is targeting top level, then a Board Resolution proposal has to be
crafted for the ASF Board to decide "yes"/"no" on, and such proposal would
include all the details of infrastructure resource required, new or changed.

Other details includes having the STATUS file up to date, eventually moving
the codebase from /repos/asf/incubator/felix to /repos/asf/felix, and so

The main focus now would be to see when is the appropriate Board meeting,
which should be targetted.

View raw message