felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mangen migration notes / questions
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:25:20 GMT
On 4/19/06, Rob Walker <robw@ascert.com> wrote:

> Ok guys - I'm new to Maven, JIRA, and Apache comitting, so beware I may
> ask dumb questions and make mistakes.
>
> Some notes and questions on moving mangen across:
>
>     * looking at current naming, 'org.apache.felix.mangen' seems the
>       most obvious name - anyone have comments, or want to suggest
>       alternate names?
>     * my current mangen docs are mastered on our internal TWiki. Ideally
>       I'd like to move them to an Apache Twiki (or worst case Wiki, but
>       Twiki has nicer formatting options) - not sure if this exists, is
>       there an alternate doc process/route that should be followed if
>       not? The 'enhancements / todo' items from the current docs I can
>       just recreate as JIRA issues.

The ASF wikis use MoinMoin, which almost certainly uses different wiki
syntax from TWiki. (Do any two wikis in the world use the same syntax? ;)

There are people working on setting up Confluence as a documentation
mastering tool, which might be of interest going forward.

    * not knowing Maven, I think I can figure the build part for mangen
>       itself ok, but if we need/want to include the mangen tool then as
>       a part of the build process for bundles to create/adapt their
>       manifests, that may well need assistance/contribution from someone
>       with deeper knowledge of the Maven and the Felix build process.

As Richard mentioned, this can be done in two stages. Stage 2 will probably
require a new Maven Mojo. Depending on the requirements, I may be able to
help with that.

--
Martin Cooper

It'll probably take me a few weeks to carve out time to do the