felix-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kriens <Peter.Kri...@aQute.se>
Subject Re[2]: Fixed bug in class loading
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:05:51 GMT
JM> I'm not a lawyer so will neither wrestle or argue legal points.  Some
JM> non-legal points
JM> - Signing will make changing JARs problematic.
If you wrap them, you do not touch the signatures.

JM> - Updates also will force you to retweak.
Yes, but that is true for any solution that requires additional
metadata.

JM> - If the JARs are delivered as part of something else you may not have a
JM> chance to modify
But if you need to provide new metadata, you need to do something??

JM> - User permissions on the machine may not allow for modification (we have
JM> scenarios where we run off CDs and don't use any local storage)
Well, then you can't support native code, getDataFile(), caching, how
many bundles run in such a restricted env?

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens