felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Kurvers, Eelco" <eelco.kurv...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: "simple" bundle
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:38:29 GMT

Eelco Kurvers
I am currently in the process of learning OSGi. Therefore I am using the
simple bundle and it works for me. So I would say keep it.
Eelco Kurvers
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard S. Hall [mailto:heavy@ungoverned.org]
Sent: dinsdag 11 april 2006 17:03
To: felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: "simple" bundle

As we move ever closer to our first public release of Felix, we need to
nail down more and more details.

For Oscar, I included a "simple" bundle (source & binary) in the
framework release archive that demonstrated many of the concepts and
functionality of the OSGi framework. The "simple" bundle was largely a
"hello world" type example that demonstrated bundle activators, embedded

JAR files, native libraries (for Linux), and dynamic imports.

I am not sure if people think this is useful or not. If so, then we will

need to move it over. If not, then we can forget about it.

Note that the "simple" bundle is not intended to replace a tutorial, it
just provides people that download the framework a simple example with
which to experiment.

It is worth keeping?

-> richard

and inform the sender. Thank you.