felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD ERROR] Apache Felix Examples: Spell Check w/ Service Binder
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:37:39 GMT
Arnaud Quiblier wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just download the SVN felix-trunk version recently repackaged.
> And launch a maven2 install, as suggested in the "build-install.sh".
> My just-newly-re-installed box was absolutely "virgin" ...
> So after just few downloads (sic) and compilations, I get the following
> error :
> So here my questions :
> 1/ May I do something wrong ?
> 2/ Should be a "provided" dependency downloaded during
> compile-package-install time ?
> 3/ If yes, is there a repository where I can find the corresponding pom and
> jar ? Should I add this repo to my "settings.xml" ?

You are not doing anything wrong.  The M2 setup is not complete.  The
dependency (Service Binder) needs to be m2venized and 'mvn deploy'd.
Neither Alex nor I caught this as we have the jar manually setup
locally, since we use SB elsewhere.  We have a grant for SB so we are
going to port it in the next couple days, to the org.apache.felix
namespace and get it out to an M2 repo.

The best thing you can do for now is manually add it to your local M2
repo.  I forget the procedure for manually loading a jar; I recommend
checking M2 doco or just wait a couple days.  When SB does move to Felix
it will be as an M2 module anyway so you'll pick it up from an 'svn up'
and 'mvn install'.

We're on it.

Enrique