felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <ma...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Got a problem running felix in production mode
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:17:57 GMT
On Sunday 12 March 2006 17:30, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> The standard Main is overall pretty simplistic, but it does allow you to
> specify the location of the config.properties file using a system
> property, so it is always possible to have a production
> config.properties file too that you select via a system property when
> you run in production mode.

The reason why we use our own main is that we do not want to use any property
file. The properties that must be set are hardcoded in the code. The second
reason is that we have (recently) added shutdown hooks to make sure the
framework is shutdown cleanly when someone ends the process with Ctrl-C.

But there are obviously many ways to start the framework. I know Herko ter
Horst is doing some work in this area too (not limited to Felix).

Greetings, Marcel