felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [status] Installers (Inno, RPM, Pkg, IzPack)
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:39:56 GMT
Hi all,

This is for those anxiously awaiting an installer.  I think we have
something better than expected.

I'm almost done building a maven plugin which generates installers for a
project whose final product is a UNIX daemon or a Windows service using
jakarta commons daemon jsvc and procrun respectively.  The plugin will
generate multiple installers when asked for a project.  We're using it
already for ApacheDS and we have generalized it for any server
application.  It should be ready right after the soon to arrive 1.0-RC1
release.  The plugin has rough edges but we should be fine making it work.

Here's the URL for it now.  This might move over to the maven repo at
some point though (after I clean it up a bit):

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/

Here's what some generated installers look like using apacheds as an
example:

    http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/apacheds/

Alex