felix-dev mailing list archives

From Didier Donsez <didier.don...@imag.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Event Admin
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:13:21 GMT
francesco furfari a écrit :

> +1
>
> francesco
>
> ----
> what about the Didier an Cervantes Event Admin prototype?

> will they cooperate to the same implementation?

I think this collaboration is possible
Firstly, I have to go in the source code of Karl event admin, and check
his implementation and have an offline discussion with Rick. My
implementation reuses a large part of the WireAdmin which is currently
donated to the ASF.
On my side, I have a set of a utilities for the event admin : demos,
command, bridges with MOM (Ivy,Siena), UPnP event publisher (specially
for you Francesco ;-)) WireAdmin event publisher, DNS-SD event publisher...
Most are available on
http://www-adele.imag.fr/~donsez/dev/osgi/
You can an overview with this script
http://www-adele.imag.fr/~donsez/dev/osgi/script/eventadmin.txt

Best regards

Didier

> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> I have worked with Karl for quite a while and am happy that he wants
>> to be a part of Felix. Not only is Event Admin a worthwhile
>> contribution, but he has recently been discovering some interesting
>> bugs/issues in the framework core, so it appears that he definitely
>> is gaining insight into the core framework code, which is great.
>>
>> -> richard
>>
>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>
>>> I had hoped that the administrative paperwork snafu would be
>>> resolved before conducting another vote, but it still seems to be
>>> lingering, so I think we should just proceed and hope that it all
>>> catches up with us.
>>>
>>> At any rate, I would like to call a vote on Karl Pauls' contribution
>>> of the R4 Event Admin service and him its maintainer. See the
>>> original message here:
>>>

>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-felix-dev/200601.mbox/%3c487a994c0601230524p2fb699d7n@mail.gmail.com%3e

>>> [   ] +1 Accept Event Admin contribution and Karl as committer.
>>> [   ]  0 Does not matter to me.
>>> [   ] -1 Reject Event Admin contribution and Karl as committer.

Didier DONSEZ
Laboratoire LSR, Institut Imag, Universite Joseph Fourier
Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
GPS : lat 45°11'38.3"N, lon 05°46'14.7"E, alt 223m
Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
mailto:Didier.Donsez@imag.fr