felix-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Event Admin
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:44:11 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> As a question on due process, should you be combining the acceptance of
> the code contribution with that for an individual as a committer, all in
> a single vote?
>
> I don't know Karl or the code, so this question doesn't relate to *this*
> vote in particular.
>
> AIUI votes on committer status should be in private.

Each community tends to have their own ways. I did wonder about the
'code+committer' thing, but when I mulled upon it, it bothered me less.
Particularly because, in this case at least Richard has a clear
confidence in both code and person.

As to the committer status vote in private - I like having it in public
- it shows people how we work. Some folks might like to check with
others on a private list to ensure that a vote isn't going to result in
a public humilliation by -1 votes for the poor soul.

In the end, it is up to each community how it wants to organise itself,
in ways that stay sensitive to the people involved.

Upayavira