felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Getting information about imported and exported packages
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:29:21 GMT
I know it's possible to get a list of packages a bundle imports and
exports. What I would like to know is: if a bundle imports package A,
whose version of A is it currently using. If only one other bundle
exports (the right version of) A, this is trivial. If there are more
exporters, it's very difficult to see who's using what. Especially if
the framework has been modified a couple of times (new bundles
installed, existing ones updated, perhaps parts have been refreshed).

Any suggestions?

Btw, I've seen alpha versions of Felix output lines like:

DEBUG: WIRE: [64.0] org.osgi.framework -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: [64.0] org.osgi.service.log -> 2.0

This is the kind of information I'd like to capture since it
specifically tells me that bundle 64 gets package org.osgi.service.log
from bundle 2.

Greetings, Marcel