felix-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Felix IRC Channel
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:18:01 GMT
Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Rinku wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if Felix has an IRC Channel where devs/lurkers can
>> lurk around and pop occassional questions?
>
> Well, there isn't as far as I know. I'm not even sure if there is a
> "preferred IRC network" for Apache projects. But I don't mind joining
> such a channel (say #felix at freenode).

The projects that have a channel usually use irc.freenode.net, although
there's no official recommendation for this. Also, it is important to
keep the main discussions on the mailing-list so that it is archived and
people from all around the world can participate, whatever their timezone.

So IRC is useful for babbling and short questions, or occasional high
bandwidth discussions, but any important outcome of these discussions
must be reported to the list.

Sylvain