felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:35:47 GMT
On Saturday 18 February 2006 05:51, Humberto Cervantes wrote:
> I have one question, can't we just scan and send the documents by mail,
> I think it could be easier like that.

Scanned documents does not carry enough weight for the legal folks at ASF.

Faxed documents (for some bizarre reason) has been accepted as legal paper and
together with snail mail the only two modes of transport available.

Perhaps it can be brought up on legal-discuss@ whether certified digital
signatures could be used, but otoh not that many people have access to proper
PKI for it to be useful. Something for the future, no doubt.

Cheers
Niclas