felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Contribution of the dependency manager to Felix
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:14:56 GMT
Is there any chance you can eliminate the need to use 1.4?  This is a show
stopper for some of our usecases.  If you want some non-1.4 concurrency
libs, you might consider the org.eclipse.core.jobs bundle.  Depending on
exactly what you are doing this may satisfy your needs and is based on
Foundation 1.0.

Peter Neubauer <peter@neubauer.se>
01/20/2006 05:34 AM
Please respond to

Re: Contribution of the dependency manager to Felix

Hi Marcel,
we have taken a look at the code, and converted it to Java 1.4 but
introducing a dependency to Dough Lees concurrent packages.

Very beautiful code, congrats to that development team of yours!

Do you want us to send the patch against the existing codebase to you?

Furthermore, we would like to extend with another type of dependencies,
Configuration Dependencies. Specifying a Configuration Dependency
(implements Dependency interface) will mean that, if the ConfigDep is
required, the start method wil not be called before a configuration is
available via the CM service.