felix-dev mailing list archives

From Didier Donsez <didier.don...@imag.fr>
Subject Re: Contribution of the Event Admin Service to Felix
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:48:23 GMT
I have also a implementation of the EventAdmin : it is based on the
WireAdmin code submitted by Humberto

http://www-adele.imag.fr/~donsez/dev/osgi/eventadmin/readme.html

Demos and tests on Felix are given in the following script :
http://www-adele.imag.fr/~donsez/dev/osgi/script/eventadmin.txt

I  write also two bridges
* to propagates EA events to others EventAdmin-Ivy bridges connected on
a Ivy bus
       http://www-adele.imag.fr/~donsez/dev/osgi/eaivybridge/readme.html
* to ropagates EA events to others EventAdmin-Siena bridges publishing
and subscribing to/from a Siena MOM ( but bugs in this one must be fixed !)

Kind regards

Didier

Richard S. Hall a écrit :

> Good news!
>
> And I am going to integrate those patches today! :-)
>
> -> richard
>
> Karl Pauls wrote:
>
>> To the Felix community,
>>
>> I am Karl Pauls, a researcher at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
>> (www.inf.fu-berlin.de). I received an MS in computer science from the
>> Freie Universität Berlin.
>> I've been conntected to oscar and Rick during the last couple of years
>> (since i was his student at FU).
>>
>> I would like to contribute an Event Admin Service implementation to
>> Felix. The implementation should be compliant to the R4 spec and
>> features timeout-based blacklisting of event-handlers for both,
>> asynchronous and synchronous event-dispatching (as a spec conform
>> optional extension). I am convinced that it is reasonable stable. You
>> can get a (undocumented) version from:
>>
>> http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~pauls/eventadmin.jar
>>
>> and the source jar from:
>>
>> http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~pauls/eventadmin-src.jar
>>
>> Note that in order for this version to function reliable you might
>> have to wait till Rick has integrated the patches I've send to him (or
>> fixed the concerned issues, respectively :-).
>>
>> I hope that this contribution will be useful to the Felix community
>> and would volunteer as a maintainer.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> --
>> Karl Pauls
>> pauls@inf.fu-berlin.de

Didier DONSEZ
Laboratoire LSR, Institut Imag, Universite Joseph Fourier
Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
GPS : lat 45°11'38.3"N, lon 05°46'14.7"E, alt 223m
Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
mailto:Didier.Donsez@imag.fr