felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: using Apache libs in OSGi
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 04:37:51 GMT
On Monday 30 January 2006 03:06, Jeff McAffer wrote:
> We've had some discussions with the Maven folks about generating
> manifests.  This would be a great start.

> The sort of repository story
> that is surfacing with Maven, OBR2 and the Eclipse update sites will also
> help alot.  Any ideas on how to push these and gain momentum?

the publication of ASF artifacts, i.e. the jars of classes which Maven and
other systems downloads, typically from mirrors.

Jakarta Commons (which I understand you were talking about) is a "water
cooler" at ASF java side, so by approaching them with a "We need this in your
stuff, it won't affect anyone, and we will maintain it..." should be enough
to get that done.

For other communities the mileage may vary. Aaron has now indicated that
Excalibur wants to support OSGi, and hopefully we can approach others and get
similar commitment.

View raw message