felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: using Apache libs in OSGi
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:12:37 GMT
On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 09:00, Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> On 1/30/06, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> > But isn't this actually the purpose of the maven-osgi plugin (haven't
> > looked at it)?
>
> Yes, projects using Maven 2 can use the maven-osgi-plugin to create
> bundles and to install (local M2 repo) and deploy (remote M2 repo)
> them.  More doco here:
>
> http://docs.safehaus.org/display/OSGI/OSGi+Plugin+for+Maven+2.0

Several of my OSGi bundles require the JXPath and so I have encountered
the problems Jeff talked about (commons-logging dependencies being a big
one), while the plugin did not do the untangling for me it did help me
specify how to do the untangling within the existing Maven M2 repository
structure.

Hat's off to Enrique for creating this fine tool.

kind regards,
John