felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Provisioning Service
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:21:04 GMT
Peter,

You can retrieve a Provisioning zip that I created from a M2
Provisioning Plugin from:
http://www.verticon.com/repository/org/apache/felix/provisioning/tests/provisioning-test-zip1/1.0/provisioning-test-zip1-1.0.zip

Notes:
1. HTTP site is only a web server and does not expect service platform
information.

2. Provisioning Zip contains:
 a. Management Agent
 b. Two Bundle-URL entries referencing a Log Service and a Log Reader
bundle URLs reference in the Oscar repository.
 c. Two Text Entries
 d. One Binary Entry

3. Management agent in Provisioning Zip does the following actions when
it starts:
 a. Starts all Installed Bundles (this is intended for the Log Service
and Reader bundles but the agent does not know about those, it is just
starting bundles.)
 b. Finds the Provisioning Service and dumps its information dictionary
to the system out or a log service if it exists.

Let me know how it works.

Oh BTW - Can you send me one of your Provisioning Zips so I can test it
with the provisioning service that I have implemented?
cheers,
John Conlon
Verticon, Inc.