felix-dev mailing list archives

From Humberto Cervantes <...@xanum.uam.mx>
Subject Contribution of the Wire Admin service to Felix
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:55:40 GMT
To the Felix community,

My name is Humberto Cervantes, an assistant professor at the Universidad
Autónoma Metropolitana in Mexico City. I earned my PhD working with
Richard Hall in France in the LSR lab of Grenoble University. My PhD
work led to the creation of the Service Binder, which automates service
dependency management for OSGi bundles. After my PhD, I worked on
another project with Didier Donsez that led to the creation of a Wire
Admin service implementation.

I would like to contribute the Wire Admin service implementation to
Felix. The Wire Admin service is currently nearly-compliant with the R3
spec (very minor aspects are missing). The Wire Admin service
implementation has been available from Oscar's OBR since its creation:

    http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/repo/wireadmin/

I hope this contribution will continue to push Felix toward being an
excellent OSGi service platform implementation. And I also hope to have
other contributions in the future around the Service Binder and
Declarative Services.

Best regards,

Humberto Cervantes
Humberto Cervantes <hcm@xanum.uam.mx>
Web: http://www.humbertocervantes.net

Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana-Iztapalapa,
San Rafael Atlixco Nº 186, Col. Vicentina, C.P. 09340
Delegación Iztapalapa. Distrito Federal, Mexico

Tel: (52) 55 5804 4634 ext 212