felix-dev mailing list archives

From <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Contribution of the dependency manager to Felix
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:08:00 GMT

I am currently in the airport on my way to France, but after I get there and get settled I
will try to create a status page for contributions later this week and/or figure out how to
edit the official STATUS info. :-)

-> richard

-----Original Message-----

From:  Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>
Subj:  Re: Contribution of the dependency manager to Felix
Date:  Mon 23. Jan 2006 10:02 pm
Size:  1K
To:  felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Tuesday 24 January 2006 00:42, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>

>>I just wanted to confirm that i received your contribution. Thanks a
>>lot! I will have a good look at it this week and give you feedback.
>>

>Please note that if this in incorporated to the codebase, Peter will need to
>issue a code/license grant to ASF as well. Not that it should be much of a
>problem, just want to highlight the paper trail requirement.

Let's get a WIKI page up rapidamente with a contribution matrix showing
the who, what, when, and LOC.  Let's get also links to the archives
where the contribution hit the mailing list.  I really want to see the
size of these contributions and how involved they are to determine
exactly what requires a code grant.  There are too many contributions
coming in far too fast.  Let's follow through with the Offermans VOTE
but unless we compile the matrix and start the process of clearing all
the IP we're going to have to stop with the influx until what we have is
sorted out.

I thought some contributions were on the order of patches and so did not
require a grant.  However so many things are flying by it's easy to
loose track of what's going on.  Hence the need for the matrix (not the
one with Keanu Reeves).

Also if we already have a matrix forgive me but Noel has an awefully
good point regarding his external contributions thread.

Alex