felix-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IDE Lockin? (was Re: Repository/package structure)
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 01:16:32 GMT
On 12/3/05, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Sure, but it is still annoying. To me creating a directory structure in
> advance that covers all basis, like mixed language development, is sort
> of like pre-optimizing your code...you should avoid doing it. Most of
> our subprojects will never use a language other than Java, so it is
> fairly pointless to have that level of structure.

The "java" named directory is there to seperate application code from
"resources", "filters" and other things more then supplying an
infrastructure for other language implementations (this is very
unusual). Here is the m2 standard directory layout doco:

I do favor m2 guys' advices to be able to free my mind about future
project structure flexibility requirements.

> It seems like it wouldn't be unreasonable for Maven to support some sort
> of graduated level approach, so the structure could be tuned to the
> desire of the develop and the project scope. I like things to start
> simple and grow complex, not just start complex. ;-)
> Let me reiterate, however, that I don't think that this is a huge
> obstacle, just an annoyance.
> -> richard

View raw message