felix-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Watson <tjwat...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Repository/package structure
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:32:55 GMT
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote on 12/01/2005 02:10:18 PM:

> I am fine with having a separate sub-directory for src and test, but I
> think in that case it makes sense to keep package names the same, e.g.:
>
>     trunk/
>        org.apache.felix.upnp/
>           src/
>              org/apache/felix/upnp/basedriver
>           test/
>              org/apache/felix/upnp/basedriver
>
> It seems a benefit of this approach is that you can have package private

> access.
>
> One thing to point out, however, is that I was under some understanding
> that there was supposed to be one JAR file per-subproject mapping. Does
> UPnP get packaged into multiple bundles? If so, we will need to create a

> trunk/ subproject directory for each one.
>
> -> richard

This is a usecase for fragments, right?  You do not want to package
your testcase code in with your normal bundle.  Your testcase code is
contained in a fragment of the bundle you are testing.  This will
give you package level access even though the code is contained in
another bundle fragment.  Some of junit tests in Eclipse use this
same approach.  In Eclipse the tests are stored in a completely
separate project directory.  This is because Eclipse keeps a
1-to-1 mapping between projects and bundles.

I know how much Richard loves fragments :-)

Tom.