felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Timothy (JIS - Applications)" <TimothyBenn...@jis.nashville.org>
Subject RE: Repository/package structure
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:28:10 GMT

No offense to the PDE users out there, but I personally have no
intention of using PDE to develop and build OSGi bundles.  It's
certainly a good tool, and I'm sure there are lots of people who like
it.  But there are lots of people to like to use other tools as well,
and I think Apache Felix should look to remain development environment

Maven2 is a mature and robust build and projects management tool that is
IDE agnostic.  We got developers here using Eclipse, IntelliJ, and
Jdeveloper.  All use Maven2 for the build and it works very well.
Maven2 has a simple command-line interface, but also has a number of IDE
integrations for those so inclined.  Maven2 has a very nice and simple
multi-project build interface.

View raw message