felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <richard.s.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PicoContainer in Felix
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:59:37 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> 2005/12/24, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>:
>> I have been wondering lately if we should adopt a strategy for Felix
>> regarding the context class loader, such as automatically setting the
>> context class loader for any thread that the framework sends into a
>> bundle (e.g., activation, callbacks) and unsetting it upon exit.
>> We could possibly eliminate some of these issues.
> Interesting idea.  Wouldn't there by any side effect?

Good question. I think other frameworks do something similar. It might
not work 100% of the time, but it could work in the standard cases. From
a conceptual purity point of view, it is not nice because bundles can
gain access to classes that they don't import.

We need to flesh out a strategy for it to determine if it sounds like it
would be a good thing to do.

-> richard

View raw message