felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Repository structure
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:26:29 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:

>> - the use of a fully qualified name could be problematic in terms of
>> length on Windows (I don't know how long these get, but I have had
>> problems with a 255 character limit from time to time)
> Who uses Windows? ;-)

Well... not me but... :)

> Yes, this could become an issue, we will have to keep an eye on it...

Windows does have issues with long paths and checking out into one's
home directory (under XP for example) does not help since just the home
directory is already quite a long path. So one could always check out
into some drive root (or short path) or simply check out one single
sub-project at at time (assuming the build system(s) we choose can
handle building only a single subproject).

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message