felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Repository structure
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:51:29 GMT
+1

Richard S. Hall wrote:

> [   ] +1 Accept SVN repository structure.
> [   ]  0 Does not matter to me.
> [   ] -1 Reject SVN repository structure.

My main concern about the structure is that I'm not 100% convinced that
there should be a very strong relationship between a subproject and a
bundle. My most important argument is that the bundling of code is a
deployment issue that might be dependent on the situation. In one case
you would perhaps bundle all the code in one OSGi bundle, in another you
might split it into several bundles. I could even see completely
different deployments where you would not create OSGi bundles at all. In
a scenario where a project contains a "service" that can be deployed in
one of several service oriented frameworks for example.

Greetings, Marcel