felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Repository/package structure
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:22:03 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote, On 12/2/2005 6:59 AM:
>> Keep in mind that this is only discussing our internal build process.
>> We can package and distribute our subprojects with different build
>> processes. For example, I expect Felix releases to be backed in a
>> self-contained way with an Ant file.
> Can you explain this in more detail?

I expect that when the time comes to create a Felix release archive
(which I hope a snapshot will happen soon) that it will be a completely
self-contained binary plus buildable source release, just like previous
versions of Oscar were. This means that the Felix release will come with
binaries as well as a src.jar file that contains its source code along
with a simple build file for building it. It will definitely contain a
simple Ant build file, since many people do not use Maven. It may also
include a Maven build file too. The important thing in my book is that
it is simple and self-contained and does not require remote access to
repositories to be built.

-> richard

View raw message