felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: Repository/package structure
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:20:16 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> Thoughts?

Ok! But I need to understand something like:

 - Do you want to be able to compile each subproject separately? If so
were do we store the dependencies package between subproject?

 - Stephane Frenot has pointed out of will be manged bundle version: do
you think to use just a "special log message" or it's better if we use
something like:

trunk/
       org.apache.felix.http.jetty/
       org.apache.felix.prefs.jndi/
       org.apache.felix.upnp/
		trunk/
		1.0.0/
		1.0.1/
		2.0.0/

 - Also when you speak about subproject do you think just to a bundle or even a suite of bundle?
For example we have done UPnP Base Driver bundle but also a Generic Control Point bundle.
Do you plan to use different subproject in that case?

 - I think that some information should be store even on the root of the trunk. Something
like the "ant" to build the whole Felix stuff, test unit that test the interaction between
several project, dome documentation and maybe other stuff.