felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Repository/package structure
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:10:18 GMT
I am fine with having a separate sub-directory for src and test, but I
think in that case it makes sense to keep package names the same, e.g.:

    trunk/
       org.apache.felix.upnp/
          src/
             org/apache/felix/upnp/basedriver
          test/
             org/apache/felix/upnp/basedriver

It seems a benefit of this approach is that you can have package private
access.

One thing to point out, however, is that I was under some understanding
that there was supposed to be one JAR file per-subproject mapping. Does
UPnP get packaged into multiple bundles? If so, we will need to create a
trunk/ subproject directory for each one.

-> richard

Francesco Furfari wrote:
> No, it should be
> trunk/
>    org.apache.felix.upnp/
>       src/
>          org/apache/felix/upnp/
>             basedriver/*.java
>             controlPoint/*.java
>             samples/*.java
>             otherComponents/*.java
>
> for the source code,
> now for the testcases code we could use
> trunk/
>    org.apache.felix.upnp/
>       src/
>       test/
>
> or
>
> trunk/
>    org.apache.felix.upnp/
>       src/
>          org/apache/felix/upnp/
>             basedriver/test/*.java
>             controlPoint/test/*.java
>             samples/test/*.java
>             otherComponents/test/*.java
>
> does it sound good for you?
> what do you prefer? we haven't testcase yet.
>
> ff
>

> Richard S. Hall ha scritto:
>
>> If I understand everything correctly, under the current proposal you
>> would have this:
>>
>> trunk/
>>    org.apache.felix.upnp.basedriver/
>>        src/org/apache/felix/upnp/basedriver/*.java
>>        src/org/apache/felix/upnp/basedriver/test/*.java
>>
>> Note that the trunk/ directory contains sub-project directories named
>> after the sub-projects package name. We do not have an org/ directory
>> in the trunk/ directory.
>>
>> -> richard
>>
>> Francesco Furfari wrote:
>>
>>> so in the repository we have
>>> trunk/org/apache/felix/upnp/src[org.apache.felix.upnp.basedriver]
>>> and
>>> trunk/org/apache/felix/upnp/test[org.apache.felix.upnp.basedriverTest]