felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Rapicault <pascal_rapica...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: CLI for PDE as build tool? (was: Re: IDE Lockin?)
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:44:30 GMT
Peter,

What you are describing already exists and is called PDE Build. It is
the mechanism used by the SDK team and most (if not all) of the other
eclipse projects to build their bundles.
It takes as input a set of bundles to build (the set is described in a
feature.xml), analyzes their manifest, create an Ant build file for
each of them and also creates a general build file orchestrating the
build.

The build script generator is an Ant task.

PaScaL

Ps: I will post here a detailed example on how to setup a PDE based
build.