felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: request for contributions
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:31:43 GMT
All of the packages mentioned are provided by OSGi (under EPL).

The util packages are complete implementations while the service packages
are (mostly) interfaces and requires implementation of those interfaces.
As Peter suggests, implementations of these are available from other OSGi
projects like Knopflerfish.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com>
Please respond to

Re: request for contributions

Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi, Felix list,
> We're looking for contributions of the following OSGi R4 API packages:
> org.osgi.util.measurement      The OSGi Measurement Package.
> org.osgi.util.position         The OSGi Position Package.

It has been brought to my attention that 'measurement' and 'position'
are utility classes provided in the OSGi R4 Compendium jar.  I did not
know that.  We do not need to re-implement anything, including any of
the other requested contribution packages if they are already provided.

View raw message