felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Exposing packages?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:38:55 GMT
I'm currently in the process of migrating an R3 OSGi project to R4, from
Oscar to Felix. Some of the bundles in this project used packages
available on the Java 5 platform without explicitly importing them. This
is obviously a bug in these bundles. What I'm looking for is the best
way to solve this problem. Let's use an example. One such package I want
to "expose" to the bundles is "javax.management" because I want to make
use of the MBean server embedded in Java 5. As far as I can see the best
way to do this is to use the new "Extension Bundle" mechanism which is
not yet implemented in Felix.

I am manually bootstrapping Felix at the moment, using something like:
(new Felix()).start(myprops, null); and I was wondering if it would be
possible to add exports to the system bundle like this (you can add
activators this way, but can you also add exports)?

Greetings, Marcel