felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Installing Felix
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 05:23:41 GMT

The files in "etc" are currently there due to Felix' Oscar legacy, so if
you want to use them, then you need to edit them manually. You could
also just copy and edit an existing oscar.sh file.

We will eventually have a Felix installable release too, but we haven't
gotten to that point yet. You may notice that the installer code from
Oscar is in the Felix source tree, so we can eventually use that (or
something else) once we create some sort of official "beta" release of

-> richard

John E. Conlon wrote:

>How does one 'install' Felix? With Oscar there was an installation that
>set configuration properties and modified the start up scripts.
>I see that we can bring felix up manually with
>java -jar lib/felix.jar
>but how do we use the etc/felix.sh to start felix? Do we have to
>manually edit the file?

View raw message