felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: R4 Road map?
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 02:56:39 GMT
Richard,

> For about 2 years [Oscar] was directly funded by my responsibilities
> in the LSR-Adele group of Grenoble University.

> No one else has ever been paid to work on Oscar per se, although people
> are certainly paid to work on creating bundles and services and other
> research on top of it.

Please ensure that if we need a CCLA from the University, that we have one
filed.

I don't know what your contract says with Grenoble, but when I was at UPenn,
both faculty and students were told that everything they did belonged to the
University.  Likewise, UCSD Pascal, BSD Unix, etc., were owned by the
University of California, which sold the former as closed source to SofTech,
spun off the latter, and ended up in a lawsuit with Microsoft (and on the
wrong side of an issue with the W3C) because of the Eolas patent.

	--- Noel