felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: UPnP --> Felix and OSGi vertical solutions
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:41:37 GMT
francesco furfari wrote:

> Do you intend concentrate only on using Felix as application container
> for the suite of apache softwares? if the other option is reasonable
> too, is the Apache community able to involve industrial partners to
> support the development in those areas (i.e mobile)  ... sorry for the
> ingenuous question

I think this is mostly a matter of community interest. Certainly, I will
probably concentrate on the framework since that is what I have been
doing. If the community as a whole is only interested in R4 compliance,
then this is probably the direction things will go. However, if there
are people interested in other directions, then it can go that way too.

I will guess that the community will encourage experimentation. Projects
that have enough community interest can likely become part of Felix,
where ones that don't can be worked on elsewhere, but they are still
relevant.

As far as involving industrial partners, this is something that would be
interesting if it were to happen. As Felix evolves it is possible that
we will attract such attention. Even now, community members are out
there talking with people asking them to get involved, so anything is
possible.

-> richard