felix-dev mailing list archives

From francesco furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
Subject UPnP --> Felix and OSGi vertical solutions
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:57:14 GMT
>> We would like to maintain the code in Felix community as committers if you accept
us, and even to share our ideas
>> and development projects with you.
>

> This is what Felix is for re: sharing of ideas.  I look forward to working with you.
 Let's get more feedback from the community.

Maybe it's premature talking about the different application domains in
which fits OSGi platform , I understand that a OSGi R4 compliant
implementation is the first target of Felix, nevertheless I would like
to know how (if) do you think to manage the mobile, automotive,
residential gateway, and home automation field for which several
sub-projects might be opened.
Do you intend concentrate only on using Felix as application container
for the suite of apache softwares? if the other option is reasonable
too, is the Apache community able to involve industrial partners to
support the development in those areas (i.e mobile)  ... sorry for the
ingenuous question

ff