felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Committers
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:26:16 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:

> IMO, existing Apache committers deserve a little bit lower bar of
> entry - especially into an incubator project - simply because they
> already know how Apache works.

The presumption that committers on other projects know how Apache works
is incorrect.

Yes generally there is a way lower bar for accepting committers on
incubator podlings and yes this bar is even lower for those that are
already committers on other Apache projects.  I am familiar with Niclas'
background since I myself started a vote to grant him karma on another
Apache project in the past: Apache Directory to be exact.

But this does not mean that every committer understands the Apache way
and we accept them as is for every project across the ASF.  With that
said ...

This is not the place to discuss these particulars.  The ppmc list has
been errected specifically for these discussions.

felix-private@incubator.apache.org

Alex