felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Committers
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:11:06 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am not sure, but can I propose myself as a committer at the Felix
>> project??
>>

> As a Apache veteran you should know that propsing one self as a
> committer generally is supposed to mean that one havn't understand how
> things work in Apache yet ;)

Ditto! I'd like to see some consistent contributions and the
demonstration of a better understanding of how things work here at the
ASF before considering Niclas as a committer.

Also these sort of things are best discussed on the ppmc list hence the
reason why committers should not be going around asking or suggesting
they have karma on public lists.

We do need some action but lack of committership does not prevent action.

-1 for now ... further considerations should be made on the ppmc list in
the future.

Thanks,
Alex