felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Creating JIRA issues
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:13:57 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>IMHO, I think we should consider "missing spec compliance" "blockers" for
>final releases. And since each issue can be marked for a target release, I
>think that is doable.

It is only a blocker if it is assigned to a release for which we decide
it needs to be done, but any arbitrary bug would likely be a blocker
too. And other things could be blockers. My whole point is that flagging
something as a blocker doesn't indicate whether or not the issue is a
"spec compliance improvement".

Remember the whole point of this was that I want to create a big "to do"
list...everything on this list will be an "improvement". However, some
improvements will be spec-related and some won't.

>Yes, I think "Type" is site-wide, but we can check with Infrastructure, since
>there are probably quite a few ASF projects by now that have official specs
>to worry about.

Do you have issues with a "spec" component? I don't think the component
approach is a great, but it gets us moving.

-> richard