felix-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: R4 Road map?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:50:15 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>> Actually, it is probably easier than that. Just write a list of things
>> you'd like to do if you had an infinite amount of time, and add a few
>> things you think you really _should_ do, if you could only feel bothered.
> Sounds reasonable. I had already put a few things in JIRA previously.
> However, this list could get pretty long if I list everything in R4 that
> needs to be done.

If there's a lot to do, then we'll need a long list!

> There are basically two levels of tasks, spec compliance ones and ones
> that I would like to do to improve the design. I am not sure if these
> two should be differentiated in any way.

Not really. Just think of them as carrots. Something you're dangling out
there to attract people who might be inclined to come along and
implement it, so that you don't have to. The better an idea they have
about what work is needed, the better they can decide whether they are
capable of/inclinded to fix it. Usually, because they need that feature
for some project of theirs.

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message