felix-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <mart...@dashorst.dds.nl>
Subject Re: Running Felix in a servlet engine
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:40:18 GMT
This is possible (at least with Oscar 1.0.5.), there are some concern
you have to take into account. First you need to make sure you use the
correct classloader to get to the classes embedded in the bundles. That
should be too hard a problem. What doesn't work well is synchronizing
the oscar loaded objects across a cluster and serializing the objects
into the session.

Though the serialization works pretty well, the receiving side can't
instantiate the objects, as the classes can't be found by the servlet
container's classloader.

The Wicket framework has run into this problem as well. Everything works
quite well when run in a whole OSGi environment, but when there's a
mix'n'match with classloaders your in for some hard thinking. We woul
also like to see some solution for this problem ;-) Bright ideas are
welcome!

Martijn